This is a reverse of the usual Big Bang challenge - each artist creates at least one piece of art, which is then posted anonymously and claimed by an author. Authors are then expected to write a short fic (minimum of 3,000 words) based on the art they chose.Overview:
Artist and Author sign-ups open Monday, May 13th. Artists must submit at least one piece of art (and no more than two) by Sunday, June 23rd. This may feature any pairing (or no pairing) so long as it includes at least one character from Inception. For this challenge, crossovers are not allowed. The art will be posted anonymously, at which point authors can claim a piece. Authors will write a fic (minimum of 3,000 words) based on the art they chose.Schedule:
Monday, May 13th Artist and Author sign-ups openRules for Artists:
Friday, June 20th: Artist Sign Ups close
Sunday, June 23rd: Artists’ works are due
Saturday, June 29th: Art Claims
Saturday, July 6th: The Big Reveal of Artist/Author Matchups
Friday, July 26th: Author Check in
Friday, August 16th: Author Check in
Sunday, September 1st: Stories due
Sunday, September 8th Posting Schedule goes up
Sunday, September 15th: Posting begins
Rules for the Authors:
- You should create at least one new piece of art: a drawing, painting, digital manip, or fanvid. Art must be at least 400 by 600 pixels in size, videos must be at least one minute in length. You must submit this piece by Sunday, June 23rd, and it may may be a work in progress, a draft, or a finished product. You may submit up to two pieces for this challenge.
- You may not submit art for this challenge that has already been posted elsewhere.
- This challenge is open to all pairings and genres, so long as it includes at least one character from Inception. Artists may choose to specify what pairings (if any) they envision in the story, as well as submit a short text description of their piece (optional).
- We will have a post for Art Beta volunteers for artists to contact directly, but having your artwork looked over by a Beta is not required.
Art Submission Guidelines:
- Authors must write a fic with a minimum of 3,000 words, based on the art you choose in the Art Claims post. Claims will be first come, first serve. Your fic must be related to the art for which it is written, and it cannot have been already posted elsewhere.
- The fics must be beta read, and we will have a post for Fic Beta volunteers available for authors to contact directly.
Art submissions should be sent to the community mod email account (email@example.com) by Sunday, June 23rd. Artists may submit up to two pieces of art for claiming in this challenge. There is no maximum size or dimensions for art, though each art piece must be at least 400 by 600 pixels. If it is a vid it must be at least 1 minute in length. Art that is submitted should not be posted publicly before claims take place.
Art submissions may be works in progress, drafts, or finished products. More details on the art submission process will be posted to the community, so please be sure to join and watch the community for updates.The Claims Process:
Art claims will officially begin on Saturday, June 29th, though the post will be up 24 hours beforehand so that writers may take a look at all the art before actual claiming starts. The claims post will contain thumbnail previews that link to the full size version of the art and will be accompanied by an optional text description of the subject. All art will be posted anonymously, and claims will be first come, first serve.
The Claims Post(s) will be members-locked, so please be sure to join and watch the community in order to participate.Everyone who wishes to participate MUST join and watch the community, to ensure they do not miss important deadlines or updates to the challenge.
If you have any questions, please comment here.